- This event has passed.
June 22, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
About the Presenter:
Alan J. Whitehead, President & CEO, Radon Environmental Management Corp.
For over 30 years Alan has served on the executive boards of a number of private and public sector companies, operating globally in a diverse range of industries. These sectors include environmental health and building sciences, mining exploration, chemicals and industrial minerals. He is President & CEO of Radon Environmental Management Corp and a founding board member and President of the Canadian Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (CARST). Alan also serves on the boards of the Coalition of International Radon Associations (COIRA) and Cancer Survivors Against Radon (CanSAR). Through his leadership at Radon Environmental and as President of CARST, Alan is dedicated to the prevention of radon-induced lung cancer and is passionate in making change happen.
About the Topic:
- Radon Gas – What it is, how it enters a building structure, health risks.
- Radon mapping – where it is prevalent in Canada and in BC (National and BC map’s)
- Radon detection and measurement options
- Latest BC building code requirements for radon prevention in new construction
- Radon mitigation methodologies/options.
- New performance v prescriptive mitigation technologies, for new and existing builds (homes and commercial buildings)
|PROTECTING CANADIAN HOMES & BUILDINGS FROM TOXIC RADON GAS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO BUILD RIGHT AND SAVE LIVES||Alan J. Whitehead
Radon Environmental Management Corp.