- This event has passed.
Vancouver Luncheon: Understanding Step Code for Part 9 Buildings
April 25, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
About the Presenter: Einar Halbig, B.A.Sc., Energy Advisor (EA), E3 Eco Group Inc.
Einar Halbig has over 20 years of education and experience in residential construction. He specializes in practical solutions that make a house more efficient, safe and comfortable. Trained as a civil engineer, he has evaluated over 2000 existing homes across the Lower Mainland. As one of the principals of E3 Eco Group, Einar now works with dozens of Builders and Developers on their new homes.
Practicing what he preaches, Einar embarked on a deep-green energy retrofit of his own house and now enjoys the many benefits of the end result. He brings an engineering background, technical sales expertise, and hands-on experience to the field of energy-efficiency and sustainable consulting. Einar provides Building Science for New Homes training and Certified Energy Advisor training. He serves as the Chair of the CHBA BC Technical Advisory Committee and is one of the Directors of the Canadian Association of Consulting Energy Advisors.
Topic: Understanding Step Code for Part 9 Buildings
- brief review of Part 9 buildings Step Code criteria
- understanding the Step Code metrics and how to leverage them
- how an Energy Advisor performs the energy modeling to get the Step Code metrics
- potential upgrades strategies to get to Step Code targets, including a case study or two
- lessons learned thus far in achieving Step Code targets for Part 9 buildings
|Understanding Step Code for Part 9 Buildings||Einar Halbig
E3 Eco Group Inc.