- This event has passed.
BCIT Building Science Open House
May 8 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
We would like to invite all members of BCBEC to attend the BCIT Building Science Open House.
The BCIT Building Science class of 2019 will hold their Open House on Wednesday, May 8 from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The graduating students will be displaying their Term Projects in the High-Performance Building Lab (Building NW3) located just off of Canada Way east of Willingdon Avenue in Burnaby (maps below). Come and meet the graduating students, share beverages and snacks, and check out the latest student research and the Building Science program.
• Performance Analysis of Vacuum Insulation Panels
• Better Daylight and Views in Passive Houses via Chamfered Window Openings
• Improving Outdoor Sound Isolation in Older Homes
• Wet/Dry Performance of Insulation Types
• Detailing Exhaust Ducts through Slab Edge Thermal Breaks
• Air Leakage Through Exhaust Ducts when Not in Use
• Cross-Laminated Timber vs Dowel Laminated Timber
• Waterproofing Old Basements into Usable Space
Call John Lovatt beforehand for a parking pass to be emailed to you, or parking is available for a small charge in the student lot on the West side of the Inglis Building (entrance from Canada Way eastbound). We look forward to seeing you there to show your support for the students and the Institute.
For further information contact:
John Lovatt, P.Eng., Instructor, Building Science Elective
Architectural and Building Technology