- This event has passed.
October 26, 2018 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Stepping into the Future: Forging the Path Toward Better Buildings
Friday, October 26th, 2018
JW Marriott Parq
39 Smithe Street
7:00 am – 5:00 pm
2018 Annual Conference and AGM was held on Friday, October 26, 2018.
Topics for this conference included:
• Discussion around the new BC Energy Step Code and upcoming BC Building Code changes as they relate to building envelope requirements
• New guidelines on TEDI and energy modelling
• Whole building airtightness testing
• Acoustic requirements, thermal comfort and radiant heating
• The impact of climate change on building design and adaptation
Attendees comprised of existing and new BCBEC members, as well as non-members. The audience included representatives from builders, developers, architects, engineers, renovators, trade contractors, warranty providers, building suppliers, manufacturers, government and industry associations, etc.