- This event has passed.
BCIT Building Science Class of 2018 Open House
May 8 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
The BCIT Building Science Class of 2018 will hold their Open House on Tuesday, May 8 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The graduating students will be displaying their Term Projects in the High-Performance Building Lab (Building NW3) located just off of Canada Way east of Willingdon Avenue in Burnaby. Come and meet the graduating students, share beverages and snacks, and check out the latest student research and the Building Science program. Topics include:
• Performance and Use of Vacuum Insulation Panels
• Thermal Performance of Door Hardware
• Design and Detailing of Wood-frame Balconies
• Effects on Indoor Air Quality of Malfunction of Ventilation Systems
• Silica Aerogel Batt Insulation for Reduced Wall Thickness
• Will Solar Roof Shingles be Worthwhile in BC ?
• Performance of OSB Sheathing in Vancouver’s climate